Props to them for also making this compatible with other phones too, even iOS. A few weeks with this phone, and its changed my perspective on mobile gaming. The biggest thing that’s been holding me back, especially for MOBAS and shooters, is the notoriously hard-to-use and imprecise touch-screen controls. With Black Shark’s latest release of the Black Shark 4, they’ve got a couple of tricks to fix all that, the two biggest being, a highly responsive touchscreen, and physical buttons. There’s also Bluetooth 5.0 for connecting headphones, controllers and other accessories, and there’s NFC for digital payments too. Also on the side of the 4 Pro is a fingerprint sensor that doubles as a power button.
But that’s okay because the Black Shark 4 isn’t designed to be used like a “normal” phone all of the time. Unlike other gaming phones, like the RedMagic 6 and the ASUS ROG Phone 5, Xiaomi opted for a somewhat muted design with the Black Shark 4. You won’t find RGB anywhere (other than the display), but you will find some subtle Black Shark branding on the back. This is an average score considering that I rate battery life to be very good when the smartphone lasts at least 10+ hours on this benchmark.
- In simple terms, a USB driver is used to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi smartphone, while an ADB driver is used to connect your phone to a computer.
- The better the CPU, the more efficient the device will be in terms of battery consumption, because the best CPU is smarter and more advanced in handling system logic.
- Many times we face cellular network issues on almost every smartphone.
- The Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable battery gives the smartphone a good battery backup.
- The lineup will include the Black Shark 4 and Black Shark 4 Pro models, which will be powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 870 and Snapdragon 888 SoCs, respectively.
Black Shark has upgraded their liquid sandwich design cooling system, which it claims is 30% more effective at heat dissipation. More graphically intensive games like Genshin Impact official firmware file do stress the phone more and after a few hours, it can still get too hot. What’s more impressive, however, and in my experience actually more beneficial to gaming, is its 720Hz touch sampling rate. Black Shark claims this to be “the most responsive smartphone touchscreen ever”. This high pressure-sensitivity makes it super easy to get precise movements for even the most competitive games. Camera performance is important on any smartphone, but if there’s any category of smartphone where it doesn’t matter as much, it’s gaming phones – at least, that’s what the manufacturers seem to believe.
The frequency of 162.3 Hz is relatively low, so sensitive users will likely notice flickering and experience eyestrain at the stated brightness setting and below. However, the Black Shark Joy Buds were the stand-out accessory among the bunch. Noise-canceling, low latency, smart, and were sent with a charging case. Like everything else in the Black Shark suite of accessories, they have quick-connect functionality with the phone itself.
- Moreover, there is a 120W fast charging adapter to charge this smartphone very fast.
- These display panels are brighter and sharper in capturing colors on the screen as compared to other ordinary displays.
- Under general daily use, which for me includes hours of podcasts, plenty of gaming, a lot of social media and email use, and a fair bit of YouTube, I just got through to bed time with 5% of battery remaining.
- The total score is calculated based on all segmentation scores, and the maximum score is 1000.
- The screen is gorgeous, the inclusion of physical shoulder trigger buttons improve your gameplay performance, and the 120W charging keeps you playing with very minimal interruptions.
Some users may prefer larger and bolder devices, while others may prefer smaller and lighter ones. Therefore, we do not include this information in the score calculation. Hazelphone is the perfect destination for those who want to gain a clear understanding of smartphone and tablet specifications. We offer an excellent comparison tool, comprehensive phone drivers and tools, and helpful wiki guides. Additionally, we provide interesting benchmark data from trusted sources. For those who love listening to music, watching movies, and playing competitive online games on their device, it’s important to pay attention to the audio and sound quality. Not all modern devices have good audio and sound quality, with many only being average.